11.04.2003

Forced Vacation
It caught up with me. Last week I was fighting the flu that was going around the office. My ears were plugged, nose was stuffy, and I was working extra hard. Yesterday was a crazy day, at the Office of Student Life around 8am, then off to CompuCraft and had a lot to do. Then a conference call for my Executive Director position with the Western Region Greek Association, followed by a GVSU Beta colony meeting. Long day.

To top that off I had to drop the NX in the shop again. Some of you might remember over the summer, at one of my races, when I was driving her so hard that on an upshift I blew apart one of the welds in my exhaust? (For those interested, check the archives, 6.8.2003~"The Fast and Exhaustless...") Well it came back. Mark over at Tolman Auto who has gotten to know the NX had to reweld it for me. So I had to bum rides yesterday as well.

So right now I am sitting at the kitchen table, drinking tea, and watching CNN. After some rest I plan to get up to campus tonight for some meetings. Nothing like a mini unplanned vacation, even if I am not feeling well.

No comments: