1.05.2004

Back in the Heat
Holy hot batman! Saturday night I arrived back in Santa Cruz, and what heat! La Paz has a great climate, a little cold in the mornings but in the afternoon a great cool temperature and then nice fresh cool evenings. Now Santa Cruz... is just plain nasty hot.

Yesterday we had an asado at my Tio Adrian´s house. Claudia got back from her trip so I finally got to see her. As the afternoon got hotter and reached 91 degrees we all went to the famous Rio Pirai. It was like I remembered, little stands selling all kinds of typical Bolivian food. You had to keep your hand on your wallet cause pick pockets and crooks were all over. I rented two four wheelers and Felipe and I took Tio Ruben´s girls out on the river banks. It was a fun and I got some more sun.

Last night had some duck with Tio Joge and his family. I have spent the most time with them. Oscar, Fernando and Ivan have been great. Tio Jorge has the closest family of all the uncles here. Two of his kids are married, Ivan with two kids and Oscar with one on the way, and Fernando enjoying the single life a little more.

Two more days in Bolivia. I will spend my last few times riding the Blue 21 Micro. Internet in Shopping Bolivar next to business men watching DVDs on lunch break and kids chatting on MSN. Getting hassled by taxi drivers and everyone else for a few extra pesos for the ´gringo´price. Ah...

Family Update - my sister had her little girl! Finally. She was getting very annoyed with being very big and pregnant. So on January 3rd, my sister Raquel had her little girl. Valerie Anne, who was born 7.2 pounds and 19,3/4 long. So now I am an uncle. Here is a link to a picture my dad sent me. Valerie.

Well now I am heading over to the Santa Cruz Social Club. Today will be my last try to get in there and have lunch. I just want something to eat, since I was a little kid I wanted to eat there. Wish me luck.

No comments: