9.14.2004

My Work
Yesterday was very hectic. Meetings all day... Rho Gam Coordinator, Sigma Nu Consultant, Sigma Nu President, Theta Chapter Advisor, got some weekend Campus Safety Reports, and a long afternoon meeting with my boss. All in all a very productive day, which ended with a Tea Reception at the Delta Gamma Lodge. Very fun.

My Office
So people have been asking about my office. I have a great corner office with four huge windows. I have a brand new Dell PC with a huge flat screen LCD monitor. I have lots of space and a chair for the people who come in and meet with me, and room to pull more chairs in. I have a huge grey filing cabinet in one corner... very scary looking... and even scarier when I look in there at the piles and piles of stuff.

My Desk, I rarely put on the lights because of all the sun light.

My Mac and my K-Kup (refils for just 50 cents).
I am still working on getting more stuff moved around and files organized to my liking. I got my order of supplies and desk accessories today, so this afternoon I will square them all away.

The BBQ
The Greeks had a BBQ Friday and I had a great time. In between the fraternity houses there is a great open space for them to host programs. All the groups get along really well and the event was a lot of fun. Free food, good DJ and even more new names for me to learn!

The weather cooperated for us and everyone had fun.

The food line was always long and the burgers were tasty.


The Fraternities
Albion has six fraternities and they all belong to the NIC. Unfortunately there are no NPHC or NALFO groups right now... but hopefully soon we can remedy that. The history of Greek life here is very old and I love reading about how the groups got started here. They all have houses owned by the school, the buildings are all the same, just different furniture and letters on the outside. I think they have a very unique set up which works very well for them. Let me introduce you to my groups:

Delta Tau Delta. The oldest, founded 1876.

Tau Kappa Epsilon. The youngest, founded 1926.

Sigma Nu. Founded 1895.

Delta Sigma Phi. Founded 1917.

Alpha Tau Omega. Also Known As the football team. Founded 1889.

Sigma Chi. Home of their sweet heart song. Founded 1886.
The guys have been great so far. I know we have a good future ahead of us, and I am excited to be a part of it.

Later this week I will introduce you to the sororities.

No comments: