10.21.2004

Surprized
I am speachless. Someone, who I always clashed with in talked to me today. I heard how many bad things this person said about me and I cut them out. We never agreed on anything and went our separate ways. Every once in a while he would contact me, usually via email, and tell me what a horrible job I was doing and how he would do it differently and that I had my own secret agenda. Usually he would just bad mouth me and tell other people, and tell them to tell me.

He called last week, missed me and left a message. I called him back, missed him and left a message. Today we played phone tag, and finally we caught up. I was prepared to hear the next story of something I did he did not agree with and how he was going to tell me how it should be done his way. That is not what happened.

He apologized for all the bad things he said about me. He told me he felt bad for having bad mouthed me, and that he sees the good work I have done. Of course we still disagree on somethings, but I mean that is natural. He wanted to set things straight, he caught me off gaurd. I was prepared to defend some of my decisions to him, but instead accepted an apology. He thanked me for my dedication and hard work.

I never would of thought that happened. I remember last year at my fraternity formal when I tried to set things right with another Brother... I extended my hand, and it was turned away. Now I had that opportunity, and I helped mend a fence. I am not bitter about the past, I am now glad we will be friends despite it.

This summer I was very bitter over some of the politics in my fraternity. I returned home to support from the Brothers who knew me best, and Brothers who would be there through thick and thin. Nothing is perfect, I know that, but today it got just a little bit closer. Thanks for renewing my faith in Brotherhood.

No comments: