8.19.2005

They're Back!
So this weekend is move in weekend. Despite the fact that campus is pretty much full of people already tomorrow is officially when we open. It has been very hectic with my new housing responsibilities and I really want to make a difference over in the fraternity area. I think it is helping already... we will see how it goes this year.

My apartment is having windows installed as I write this, but rumor is that they might be the wrong ones... so they might need to come back, and tear my walls apart again and change them. On top of that they are not installing blinds for me yet... so I have to figure something out for the weekend. I just want my place to be finished! I have a campus phone now, but not sure my number though. Cable is supposed to be working by the time I get home, I'll believe it when I see it. No internet until next week, thats the killer.

This weekend I am helping with move in. All this first time housing stuff is a great experience for me, but sometimes a little stressful. I did some fun new things here like a training with the fraternity men on how to clean yesterday which was a riot with the guys. I have a ton more meetings and things to do this weekend which won't be as much fun, but I am glad to have the students back. It was boring without them.

Last night I did get to chat it up with Novali. She called me (but I was in a late meeting and had to call her back). It was cool when she answered the phone and we chatted about her writing ability, what she did at school (what she calls daycare) and that she was wearing the PJs her grandma in Michigan got her.

Well I am not looking forward to working all weekend... But I know this will be a good experience. Also there are lots of fun events planned to break up the moving to welcome people to campus.

No comments: