10.12.2005

I fought the Law...
and it was a stalemate.... I would like to say I fought the law and I won... but that was not the case. I have not fought a ticket since I was 16... so that goes to show that I normally man up and take my punishment. But this time I wanted to fight it and thought I had a good reason.

Here is the deal... Munger (where I live) is next to a school. I usually come to work around 9am, so not problem with the school zone. On September 6th I was coming in early for a meeting, and got pulled over in the school zone for speeding. The issue I have is that the sign for the school zone is before the intersection that I merge onto Michigan Ave. So I never see the school zone sign to see if it is flashing.

So I took a picture of the sign and my intersection into court. The cop got me going 37 in a 35, but with the school zone it was 25. The ticket was written for 30 in a 25. I was contesting the entire ticket, and in court both the judge and officer were surprised by my photo... so I figured I am golden. The ruling... he gave me a ticket for 27 in a 25 and no school zone. That is TWO over... 2 over... Dos... numero 2.... Who gives a ticket for two over?

Because the ticket is still two points on my license. So I am appealing. I was not aware that I needed to ask to have points dismissed. I rather get the points off... the fine is not my main worry, it is the higher insurance for me. My idea behind the appeal is that I was only going 2 over... an officer would not of pulled me over for going 2 over.

The Man has not heard the last from me!

No comments: