8.05.2010

The Trend

So the trend is that I am back! Yes I am blogging... I finally updated the links on my homepage to reflect the new rides (removed NX pics) and someday I need to update my personal site.. details details. My Home Page

Anyhow today I wanted to rant about the heat here... so our house doesn't have AC. It is an old house, and to put ducts into an older all brick home with real plaster walls would cost a ton and ruin all beautiful walls. However when it is consistently over 90 degrees with lots of humidity it makes me wonder... should we start saving for AC?

So other haps around the house lately. Well we are finally getting our roof repair done. After dealing with two contractors that bailed on the job I think we got a winner and also a good price. The benefit of the slate roof is that it is easier to repair in just portion and it has lasted for nearly 80 years and still has a few more years left.

I do have the room addition bug though... yes we bought a big four bedroom house to grow into... but one of our neighbors is putting on a HUGE addition to their house (nearly doubling the size). It has me wondering how much it would cost, how long until we have equity to get an improvement loan or how much our house value has gone up from all the updates and repairs we have already done.

It is August now... so I am half way through lawn mowing time I think... don't remind me that leaf time is coming but I have enjoyed trying to nurse our backyard back to health. It was a jungle when we got the house and it is slowly coming along.

Anyhow... just a random blog about the house. Peace.

No comments: