5.13.2012

Mama's Boy

There is no doubt about it, that I am a Mama's boy... I was always close with my mom and we would be the only ones up early on the weekends making breakfast together. I always tried to learn how to cook Bolivian food from her.... I'm still not very good at it.

So today I will plant a few flowers and plants around the house, for my mom as that is what we did growing up. I have a few flowers out there Cruz and I already picked for Heather... I got more mama's now to take care of for Mother's Day.

Today to honor my mama, I get to brag about another mama, that does the job that would make my mama proud. Weird sentence huh? I think the best way to honor your parents, is to do what they taught you, to teach important life lessons, like the ones that were taught to you. Well I can't mother baby Cruz... but Heather does, and does a job that is all I could of asked for from my mama, and that makes me thankful and proud.

So for Heather... Cruz and I wanted to plan a nice little day, but Heather just wants to do nothing. Which is very hard for me, and even harder for Cruz, we like to stay busy. So our job was to do all the things that mama does, so mama doesn't have to and can do nothing...

We cleaned cars and the driveway.
"Cleaning the kitchen floor... I make a mess on it." ~ Cruz
"I know mom likes things vacuumed." ~ Cruz
Then we got mama some gifts...We know she likes flowers and jewelry. We did some shopping and picked out stuff for mama.
Picking out something for mama...
Novali and Cruz planted this rose last year for Mother's Day
Picking flowers for mama...
Flowers and kisses!
Mother's Day morning we got up early and got to work. Cruz hauled around the laundry baskets for a while, and we went for a walk so mama could take a long uninterrupted shower.
Papi... don't turn the lights on, lets do laundry for mama.
Made breakfast...
Omelet, Cruz ate most of Heather's bacon...
Then I finally gave her my Pandora
I hope she likes it...
It is a bug... Mama will have to get used to having a boyo... who likes bugs.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mamas out there! Hope you get what you want, even if its nothing.

No comments: