6.14.2013

4 Towns, 6 Days, Summer Begins

I slept in my bed last night.

In the past 6 days I spent nights in Bad Axe, MI, South Bend, Indianapolis, and then Chicago... now I am finally home, and home for a while actually. Nice.

Last weekend was the Bad Axe Dance Recital for The Anita DeCourval School of Dance. It was a lot of fund as usual, and Cruz had another cameo appearance. We also had a car show, that Cruz missed due to a messed up nap schedule. He enjoyed chasing Kiel the Kitty, wrestling on the lawn with Papa (Grandpa D) and getting stickers on the iPad with Mimi (Grammie D). He saw Greg and wished him a happy birthday, not it wasn't, but he always says Happy Happy Greggy when he sees him. Cruz also got a spend time with his great grandmother, read her a book, played catch, and showed her his cool Yoga moves.

Photos of our Pure Bad Axe Trip:  Bad Axe Dancing and Cars

Then Monday/Tuesday I was in Indy for work. Nothing majorly exciting, but it is fun when the Directors of Student Life from around the state get together. I enjoy working with that group, I guess whenever liked minded people get together it is good for the soul. Speaking of that, before I left I had a quick lunch with Jim a good friend and colleague in Greek Life. We talked SLB, AST, and personal lives.

It was back home for a day, and then off to Chicago... Thursday was Novali's Beach Day for the last day of school.
It was FREEZING... we didn't stay long, but we had a good time talking to her teachers, wishing folks a good summer, and then off she came to Indiana for her summer vacation.

Today, TGIF, and Novali's first day of summer vacation. Cruz thoroughly enjoys having his sister around, and I am glad when we get more time together.
So while worn ragged, today is pretty cool as we have a kid in each bedroom, additional requests for dinner options (luckily Cruz and Novali eat about the same things still)... and here comes summer, and a weekend with no travel.

Tonight I sleep in my bed again, two nights in a row! Yeah!

No comments: