7.28.2017

Not Just About Tacos Sometimes

Why Vote for Taqueria Chicago for Taco Wars?  LINK

Vote. Vote Again. 

So Taqueria Chicago is in Visit South Bend's Taco Wars. When I heard they were doing Taco Wars man I knew we had to jump into this and support the West Side of town. Well three of the spots that we visit for West Side Wednesday's made the finals! Of course my heart was set on one place... 

But this is not just about tacos... 

Vote. Vote Again. 
Not just cause the tacos are good. Vote cause they opened a place in 1996 on Western Ave when few believed in this side of town. They made it through economic slumps, major construction projects and now Maria and her family are still holding it down. 

Roberto and Mayor Pete at
West Side Main Streets Kick off.
Vote. Vote Again. 
I still remember Roberto bringing in tortillas he just got at Rosales Plaza. Meetings with him about construction projects at La Rosita. Being with Roberto and Maria at the ribbon cutting for the Western Ave improvements. They are a large part of the reason that block is so beautiful now. Roberto thanks for your years of hard work, I wish you could see it all now. 

Vote. Vote again. 
Your vote is believing in South Bend, is believing that the West Side is the best side. Your vote tells others to visit our neighborhood. Taqueria Chicago, and Maria, whenever you ask for help or we tell them about a West Side Wednesday event... "What can I do?" is her first question. Not what do I get out of it... but how can I help. You don't get that a lot anymore, pure selflessness and hard work.

Vote. Vote Again.
They have catered countless La Casa de Amistad events, tours for Notre Dame classes, community groups, immersion tours, fed volunteers on a block clean up project... they have held it down in the neighborhood for over twenty years and deserve your vote. My first time meeting Becky (former La Casa Director) was right there, on Western and Camden... home for Taqueria Chicago.

Western Ave ribbon cutting in
front of Taqueria Chicago
Vote. Vote Again. LINK
The winner of the Saint Joseph County competition will be announced on July 31st. You can vote every 24 hours and please share with friends. You don't have to live in our county to vote, and if you have ever visited me you know thats where I take people, and know that if you visit I will hook you up there...

Vote. Vote Again.
I won't get more emotional about it all now. If you have ever been there, been on a tour of the neighborhood, volunteered at La Casa, met with me there... please vote, share, vote again, like and share and vote and vote. I really want to see them recognized...

This isn't just about tacos... it is about Latino entrepreneurs who took risks, worked hard, and deserve your vote. 

No comments: