11.10.2003

Mom and Dad
Today is my parent's 30th wedding anniversary. Wow. This summer their present to themselves was a trip out west. They saw the Grand Canyon and took a great train trip around some different places out west. This whole year they have been doing cool trips. Several times they have been to Stratford to see plays, weekends in Chicago with Novalí, and just time for themselves with all the kids out of the house. Must be nice.

So I wanted to wish them my best on my blog. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I don't know what else to say. What me? With not much to say? Yes... it happens on occasion and this is one of them. They are the worlds best parents.

My dad let me learn lessons on my own (remember when I bought that second Camaro... what was I thinking? And better yet, why'd you let me do it?), taught me that usually the hardest decision is the right one (something I still have trouble with), and that I can do what I want if I apply myself. My mom always ate breakfast with me on Saturday and Sunday mornings after I finished my paper route (got me addicted to coffee), reminds me to go to church, showed me what true strength is (when she had cancer), taught me how to be a parent (I learned from the best), and she stood her ground when she knows she needed to (even though I hated her for it at the time). I have great parents, and my goal in life is to make them proud. Cheezy I know, but if you had parents like mine you would to.

No comments: