11.10.2003

Two Post Day
I am aware that I already posted today, but I wanted to also include a recap of the events from my weekend. It was a fun one, relaxed one, and I still got a lot of work done. I was very productive, and fun at the same time.

Saturday was IFC's Fraternity games. It was cold, but we had a good time. We modified the originally planned games and played Kickball in stead of Softball, football still went on as scheduled, the water balloon WAR turned into "see who can hit Gaff's car" from 20 feet, the food... don't get me started on the food, and the final event was the chicken breast toss (everyone sucked equally).




If you click on the link above or right here you can go to IFC's pictures and see all the great shots from the day. Cooking never seems so hard until you have 10 fraternity men, trying to figure out how to defrost, cook, and eat frozen chicken breasts and brats. Whose ideas was chicken and brats anyways... Cobb.. Cobb... It was fun throwing the meat though and counting how many tongs we managed to drop on the floor. Man Down! I had a good time, can't wait for the one next semester.

Sunday was my day with Novalí(Click here to see more pictures). This trip was special cause Hermen joined me on the voyage. The trip started with the traditional stop at Speedway for gas, coffee, and hot dogs. This time it was two coffees, and four hot dogs. When we arrived Novalí wanted to watch a movie, so we sat and watched Finding Nemo. I never saw it before, so it was good. The entire movie, when Hermen would laugh, Novalí would look at him like, "who are you? why are you here? stop laughing at my movie."




Then we ran to one of my favorite Mexican food places in Chicago. Really I just like it cause they have Menudo and Pozole on the weekends. Hermen got a burrito and pozole, I got menudo, and Novalí ate rice and chips. It was a feast, after we finished I felt like sleeping... but instead the three of us rolled downtown.

We had a nice trip downtown. Novalí was good the entire time and really started warming up to Hermen. Every store we would go into if she lost Hermen she would tell me we had to look for him now. She walked, ran, and had a good time just enjoying all the people. We saw some kids playing plastic buckets downtown until they got chased away by the cops. Novali got excited over the horses. Hermen and I got excited in the Apple Store. You know...

Thanks Hermen for rolling with me. I had a good time, lets do it again soon. Alright I got to get to work now... Later.

No comments: