11.21.2003

New but not perfect
I got my new laptop yesterday. It is the new 15 inch Powerbook G4 from Apple. It is twice the speed of my old laptop, 6 times bigger hard drive, better wireless internet, built in Bluetooth, more USB and Firewire ports, and cool sleek new look.




But guess what? I don't have the backlit keyboard! One of the benefits of these new machines is the backlit keyboard, I was excited to get it. However, it only comes standard on the models with the Superdrive. On my model it is a 69 dollar option! 69 bucks! If I had known I would of added it, but I didn't (thinking they all came with it) and now I am not sure I can upgrade my keyboard now. So as happy as I was before... now I am bummed cause one of the coolest features is missing. I am looking into what parts I would need to order to add the lit keyboard... hopefully I can make it happen.

69 bucks! If it had been a 200 option I might not be as mad, but it was only 69 bucks to add it... I am so sad right now. I wish one of our sales people had told me about that. Oh well, at least the screen works on this one!

No comments: