6.24.2004

More Adventures
The trip to Seattle was an adventure. Walking miles to find internet, seeing weird people in the airport, and getting stuck in the middle seat between two large people. Ah... traveling, what fun.

In Seattle I got picked up by a fraternity Brother, Anthony "Dough", I have known for a long time. It was great he even looked up train and bus prices for getting to Eugene. He drove me around the city and then we got some Korean food. Seattle is great and I am sure I will have some adventures here this summer.

Then Dough swung me by the Beta crib here. Carlos and Jacob where there and we hung out, we ended up hanging out at PhillyPhil's with a Brother from Miami(OH). We had some Heffenweizen and exchanged old Beta stories all night which was funny... Then they drove me around the city a little more and showed me the Freemont Troll.

Ian, Jacob, PhillyPhil and Carlos.

Had to take a pic of the Space Needle.

Some of the Bros on the Freemont Troll

Me in front of the Troll... it was huge.


Wednesday morning got up and Carlos, Ian and I headed to the bus station. Before leaving Carlos' new roommate showed up, they are excited to have a cute girl moving in. She asked about Eugene and I was telling her how hippy it was out here... you know... granola and sandals all the time. Then she said, "I know what you mean, I'm from Olypia, they have this old school there, and they never fix the old buildings.." Ian and I looked at eachother... I looked at her and smiled, thinking to myself... good thing you are cute, cause you got nothing else going for ya... what does old buildings have to do with hippies?

The bus is always an adventure... and 6.5 hours later I was in Eugene. We had one nice stop... Portland. It was a great drive and that city seems really cool. For sure a weekend visit there is in order.

The Union Station was an awesome old building.

The cities here are so green and surrounded with mountains and trees.
I got to Shelley's house and got the house tour. Very nice... and she left the keys to the Audi convertible for me to use until she gets back next week... yeah! Let the adventure begin....

No comments: