6.26.2004

Hippie Fest
For those who did not know... Eugene is a hippie meca. On campus there is always some protest going on (only like three people there... but a protest none-the-less) and bums all over who don't believe in "work" for some reason. So I'm supposed to give them some of the money I "worked" to earn. Yeah right.

The students in the office are a lot of fun, and it is summer so there are not many people around, but those who are around are the committed ones. So it makes it more fun to work with them. I am going to love working here for the summer.

So the weather is perfect here, and no it is not raining. Everyone thinks it rains here all the time. Actually the summers are very mild and dry. It is like 70-80 everyday and a blend of soft clouds and breeze keeps it a great temperature to hangout and relax under.

Saturday was chill day. I started with lunch with Audra (the office coordinator) and her family. Her son is 24 and just started law school so that was cool to chat with him about the local attractions. We had some money Mexican food and then went to one of the posh shopping districts. Very nice, and they had a Coldstone Creamery, Becky I know you love that place. Then I headed on my own to the Eugene Saturday Market (AKA Hippie Fest). The arts and crafts were great and the smells from the food booths was making me drool... then the shirtless men, bums, hemp, women with hairy armpits, bob markley stickers, and people trying to get me to sign petitions ruined it for me. It was interesting to see the people though.

Hemp Fest is coming soon... no hippie town is complete without someone wanting to legalize the whacky tabacky.

Tie-Dye everything... even bras. And here I thought hippie chicks did not wear bras.

Every corner had their little band playing trying to make a little loot.

Where ever there was a band... there was a tribe of hippies lying around.. "being free."

Of course free range organic vegetables...

These peppers looked good...

On each corner was someone trying to get people to sign a petition for something. Grassroots at its finest.

This guy's sign said, "Too Honest to Steal, Too Lazy to Work." Well I was to lazy to bend over and give his lazy butt some change.

This guy is famous for selling Frog Joke Books. I should pick one up one of these days, he is on campus everyday.

In the main tent there was a little band... and of course a crazy hippie dancer. Reminded me of Zach J. at a Nepenthe Show... Remember Andy?

One of the most common sites for me... laptop, cell phone and coffee drink at the Indigo District Coffee House. Gotta love free wireless.

It was a nice day... I rolled around with the top down... getting a tan.
Besides driving around and hanging out at my new wireless cafe I have been watching a lot of movies and working on websites. They have the super duper cable package at Shelley's place so I been watching that. I also updated my chapter website... check it out...
WMU Betas
Sign the guestbook for me. I like to know who visits the site. Tomorrow I am meeting with the IFC Recruitment chairs and starting one of my big summer projects... to build an IFC Forma Recruitment process...

No comments: