7.30.2004

The Britons
I spent two days in Chicago and spent the most amazing time with my family. My grandparents from Bolivia are visiting and I met the family there and took Novali to see them. It is the first time they have met her, and I am glad they got the chance.

My Abuelitos are the best, they are getting old (late 80s) and I are so strong and vibrant still it amazing me. From the stories of abuelo hanging from a Mango tree, to abuelita and the crazy airport drama on the way here. They now have meet their two American great grandchildren and I know they could not be happier. My abuelo has not stopped talking about how tall the Sears Tower in Chicago is...

Of course we swam, ate, and caught up. Novali took a little time to warm up to the abuelitos, but not much time. I did not get any pool pictures this time, maybe my dad will send me some and I will post them. Here are a few shots of my family time in Chicago.

My abuelitos have not been to the USA since 1994 for the world cup.

With the old Centellas men... my Dad and Abuelo had tons of fun with her running around.

With the Centellas women: my mom always is trying to teach her new things, and Abuelita sang some old children songs in Spanish with her.

When they dropped us off Novali showed her toys to Abuelo, and then the family took off.
I am glad I got to spend sometime with the family in between all my trips. I am planning some time in Saginaw with the family at the end of August as well.

Currently I am in Orlando at my Fraternity Convention. In one hour we start our business meeting at which someone will be elected as our new Vice President of Finance. I am hoping to be elected... wish me luck.

Oh, for those wondering... I am going to be a Briton.

No comments: