7.21.2004

Eugene and I
I am back in my office. Got back into Eugene and saw that Hoobastank was in town and was also quickly reminded of the things that make Eugene fun. Today I got a funny article emailed to me, check this out:

Oregon profs wield influence with Bush
EUGENE, Oregon (AP) -- Over the years, the University of Oregon has developed a reputation as a hippie haven, home to Hacky-Sackers, Frisbee-throwers and anti-globalism activists. But tucked away in a bucolic corner of the campus is a group of education professors whose work has been widely influential and found favor with the Bush administration.

Full Story at: CNN Online

I loved the opening part of that article, very descriptive of this area. Speaking of descriptive, I thought since I came in early I would spend a minute and tell everyone about my office here. The Greek Life Office has three full time staff, one Advisor (me), the Director (Shelley) and an Office Manager (Audra). It is a cool set up and I am enjoying the atmosphere. I don't even have a cubicle, we all just share a big space and I like that. The open air environment is fun and easy to put some head phones on and work without disturbances, or just be available for the students.

Here are some office shots:

No I did not take a side job working for AT&T. I do not have a regular phone, just this headset. At first I hated it but now I love it.

Of course a picture of Shelley's cats, and her famous jar of marbles. Ask me for the story about the marbles.

We are an Apple office, I love it! We have 5 flat panel iMacs, one old iMac, 3 G4 towers, one iBook and two Powerbooks. How sweet!

We are located in the student union and in a very high traffic place.

I am loving working in the office, and surprisingly missed the place more then I thought while I was gone. Well back to the grind. I have a busy next few days getting caught up with Oregon work and preparing for my presentations at the Sigma Lambda Beta International Convention next weekend in Orlando.

Alright, off to do that thing called work.

No comments: