9.10.2004

Black Squirrels
This first week has been great. I learned a lot about the college, met lots of interesting people, and had meetings, meetings, meetings. One of the interesting things about Albion, black squirrels everywhere! Seriosuly, I live two blocks from campus, and last night I counted 11 on my walk home. It is just one of the manys things that make this campus so cool.

Everyone has been very nice, students have been stopping by all the time to chat and meet me, and staff has gone out of the way to swing over and say hello. I got my desk moved, into a much more "Sam Friendly" arrangement and I am still trying to figure out where I want what stuff in my office.

I got tours of all the Sorority lodges (no women live in their homes here) and attend their recruitment dessert function. I had my first IFC and Panhel meetings which both went great. Worked with AKA alum group to plan their fall recruitment to restart the chapter. Attended different functions, Coffee House Opening, speaker, Student Affairs Division Luncheon, and of course... more meetings.

Tonight the Greeks are doing a BBQ by the Fraternity houses. Welcome back thing and to introduce me to everyone. Should be very cool, and you know I am a fan of free food (especially BBQ). I am excited to meet more people, and then get tours of all the fraternity houses.

Saturday I head to Miami University (OH). I am doing my Risk Management presentation there, which will be fun. Then I will drive back with the GVSU guys to hit up the Ice Breaker. Lots of driving... but what's new right? All in the middle of that I will try to catch up with Becky who will actually be in Grand Rapids. Lets see how it goes.

Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments: