12.04.2004

My job
I feel like a new professional... yes I know I am new to the field, but AFA (Association of Fraternity Advisors) really pumped me up. I was reminded why I love this job, why I love the field I chose, why I dedicate my time (on and off the clock) to work with fraternities and sororities. I made some new commitments, made some new networks, and made new connections with old friends.

My clothes arrrived... late afternoon on my second day... but I did not let that ruin my day. I still went to sessions (in two day old clothes) and I did not let it get to me. The workshops were not as good this year, but time spent with my Western Region Greek Association Board and also with the Betas, Gammas and other NALFO professionals there was awesome.

We were at an amazing hotel property, view of the Hollywood sign and the strip. Celebrity sightings all over the place, David Swimmer, the entire General Hospital Cast, Daisy Fuentes (she spoke at our luncheon), MC Lyte, Tarantino, John Stamos, and many other B List celebrities were to be seen. It was interesting.

Our hotel was next door to the famous theater and connected to the big mall.

View from my hotel window, that is the hollywood sign in the distance.

It was great hanging out with my fraternity Brothers who were there and our headquarters staff Jim Trajilio and the famed Mary Peterson. After convention this summer I felt someone unconnected from the fraternity, but this brought me back in full force. We made some plans as to ways that I can help be involved with the Betas on many different levels. Needless to say I am excited.

The WMU Crew back together. Steve (my Greek Advisor, now at IU), Kristen who was Greek woman of the year when I was man of the year, and Ryan Weier who was IFC president when SLB came back to campus.

The Betas... we represented hard for the frat. Doing big things.
Hanging with the Brothers was great. Our last night we went to a place called Miyagi's. We had a good time, Ammar and I reminded each other of the good ol' MOA days. We had Moet, music, and a place were tons of A List people go... the parking lot was like a car show... I loved it!

Well anyhow, I am at LAX and getting ready to fly home. I have a busy week ahead of me and I am looking forward to being back at my office and getting started on the list of things I committed to do at AFA. Wish me luck!

No comments: