4.07.2005

Long Distance B Day
Even though I am on the other side of the country... I need to send a big shot out to Miguel. Today he gets one year older. I called him between programs here at my conference. Miguel was a big inspiration to me, in many ways...

He helped me during my first years in college, where some of the hardest years of my life. I could not have asked for a better academic mentor, him and his grad school buddies welcomed me to academia. While pledging Sigma Lambda Beta he became my fraternal Brother as well as roll modeling how to be a good Brother. Upon entering grad school, he gave me tips, advice, and even reviewed my thesis. He's been a great all around big Brother. He tells me when I mess up, and he tells me when I make him proud, like a good Brother should.

Soon Miguel will have a PHd and be Dr. Centellas... the nutty professor. He has the nutty part down, now he just needs the title to make it all official. I can't wait to see Miguel, on his moped riding to class... tweed jacket, leather elbow patches, leather attache case, iPod... heading to teach young college minds. Can't wait to see you on Sunday bro!

So WRGLC... man it is nuts over here! We made a lot of changes to the conference this year and it has been hectic trying to keep up and having everything in place. My big opening show tonight went well, rocked the house and added some new features which people loved. Then I DJed the St. Judes 4-Square Tournament at night and that was a riot... funny requests... and a good way to unwind the night.

Tomorrow... huge luncheon... lots of AV. Get to handle three powerpoints, one DVD presentation, and a slew of different speakers... Then, I got scheduled to run AV for two presentations at the same time... lets see how I handle that... I love this stuff! I am in a zone... two Macs... two screens... lights... mics... I am the King of the AV Booth.

No comments: