4.15.2005

Team PLP and Taxes
Last night I was in the zone... I got my part and went to work on my car. The little Sentra has been sick for a while and last night she got some medicine. The dealer figured out that she needed a new MAF (Mass Air Flow Sensor)... they wanted to charge me $680 for the part, $50 to ship it next day, and then $130 to change my spark plugs... Yes they wanted me to give them over $850 plus the $80 it cost to figure out what the problem was. Despite having the best month ever for OutSight Design, I did not have that kind of money.

Since they swapped my spark plugs while doing the diagnostics on the car, I had them not charge me labor on those, so total to get my car from the dealer (new plugs and the diag) cost me $112. Not too bad, I used my roadside assistance to get my car towed back to my house. I found a the part for my car from AutoZone for $250, and they only charged me $6 to get it here next day... I bought a special tamper proof socket bit set ($10) and I was ready to do the repair myself. It took all of 40 minutes... and that includes the time I started taking something apart that I did not need to and put back together. She runs great now!

My baby getting towed.

Now that I have been under the hood... I want to do more work.

Check Engine Light On.

Check Engine Light Off.

So I had a quick love your car day like the old Parking Lot Performance (Team PLP) days. I cleaned the interior of my Sentra and I got the rims all cleaned up and they will be installed today! Now I got the car working bug... I need to get the NX 2000 fixed up and ready for racing season this summer. She needs a couple hundred dollars with of work and some elbow grease to get her back to the course. I also want to run the Sentra around the cones once...

So tonight I am rolling to Grand Rapids. Tomorrow I have an appointment to get my laptop back... I know... finally! I hope she is actually fixed this time or I might just lose it. So I hope she is done and I can have my baby back and in good working order. What does suck is that I do need to do a complete reinstall of all my stuff... that will take a long time to do. I think I will wait til school is out and I have less work so I can focus on getting it all updated and back in shape.

I filed for my IRS Tax Extension today... nothing like waiting til the last day for my extension. Now I just need to remember to get them done before August 15th... Anyhow that is off my plate. Got some programs on campus on Saturday and Sunday so I get to be in Albion for those. I am glad it will be so nice this weekend!

No comments: