9.21.2003

You learn new stuff everyday
This weekend I learned a lot of new things. I thought that the things I learned are so important I would share them with you so you can learn from my life as well. Here goes:

1. Novalí is not only the smartest little girl, but the funniest as well.

2. When trying to pry an intake manifold off a truck, use a pry bar. A screw driver will break.

3. In the instance that you have a TV too big to fit on the entertainment center, you can try putting the entertainment center on top of the TV (Thanks for the entertainment center Santi, it looks great!).

4. Always take your keys. How many times have I left the house without my keys, thinking Hermen has his... I was wrong again.

5. If you run out of clean underwear, swim trunks are an excellent substitute.

6. No matter how many times I have seen Chris Rock's "Bigger and Blacker", I laugh every time. Livin' la Vida Loca!

7. You should never, under any circumstances, pimp out a Geo or an old Saturn. It is just wrong on so many levels.

8. Read the directions on taking off your distributor cap before you take it off. This will save you time throwing tools on the ground, getting mad, and then having to take the car (or a Blue Truck) back to the shop. So much for saving money doing it yourself.

9. Never try to save money on your car by putting in cheap parts. You will end up just having to replace those cheap parts with good ones (my KYB AGXs and HyperCoils came in this weekend!). I am tired of having to go over bumps at 2 miles an hour.

10. Talking is over rated. When you are good friends with someone, and something comes between you, don't try and just talk about it. Send each other emails, written communication often works so much better to get your point across (plus they (or I) can't interrupt you in the middle of a sentence).

11. You are never too young to feel old.

12. No matter how many quarters you put in the dryer, the pockets of your jeans will still be damp.

13. After you put chilly, mustard, ketchup, onions, and cheese on a hot dog from Speedway, it actually tastes pretty good.




I had a great weekend. Friday just chilled at the house, got work done and watched movies with Hermen and Becky. Got sleep early cause Saturday I knew would be long.

Saturday got up early and went to see Novalí. I have not been able to get away for an entire weekend, so going more often but for just one day is working out well. We played all morning with the set of blocks I got her. She learned all the animals on the blocks, and some of the numbers as well. I know she is only 2 and half, but it is never too soon to start teaching her how to read. I mean she is the smartest girl in the world. She liked building stuff with the blocks more then me trying to sit her down and teach her the letters on the blocks.

Sunday slept in a little, helped Hermen with the truck, did some homework, and most importantly got my laundry done. In the middle of the day, locked myself out of the apartment, had to run to Holland to get keys from Ramiro, and just happened to run into a cool car show at AutoZone.



Got to run... homework is calling my name.

No comments: