6.14.2004

Around Michigan in Four Days
So I did a tour of Michigan. Thursday went to Kalamazoo, watched the game with the WMU and GVSU Brothers and had a good time watching the Pistons win. Friday went to Saginaw cause it was Kelly's birthday. We had a nice dinner and I relaxed by playing dominos with the parents, Andres and Saloumeh. Saturday went to a wedding with my WMU counterpart, Megan, in Grosse Point. The wedding was fun and we went to Birmingham to end the night. Sunday went to Southfield where we planned to watch the game and ran into tons of NBA folks. All in a all an adventurous weekend. Check out some pics.

When I got home the first thing I saw was Miguel's cats... seriously the cat on top if the biggest I have ever seen.

Grandma with little Valerie, she is so much fun.

She is learning to crawl and doing a really good job... much better then Novali ever did.

We went out to dinner and Valerie wanted to see what was on the menu. Babies get tired of milk you know.

Of course the wait staff got to sing to Kelly in Spanish.

We acted embarrassed by the song... but we loved the free ice cream.
No pictures from my time in Detroit. I kept forgetting my camera everywhere Megan and I went. We had a blast though. Dinner and drinks at the Grosse Point Yacht Club was amazing. I got the DJ to play two Latin songs and the entire room watched Megan and I dance. Then we after-partied in Birmingham where the Lakers where staying to the streets were insanely busy. We ended the night in Bloomfield Hills and then called it a night with some T Bell and sleep.

Sunday was an adventure. I needed to get a haircut. I was in Southfield. I drove and drove... then finally found a place. The guy specialized in tapers and fades... but man he did my fade right! For real one of the best haircuts I have ever had. I got his cell number, and he told me to hit him up anytime I am in the area and he will hook up my fade. He tried to talk me into getting a taper... maybe next time. So with my fresh-do we watched the game and cheered on the Pistons!

The University Oregon has wanted me to work for them... so I figured for just the summer I can do that.

It is 2397 miles to Eugene, OR. This will be a fun summer adventure. No no no... I am flying.
Monday morning back to Grand Rapids. Had a phone call at noon and had to make a big decision. The answer is yes. Yes I am moving to Oregon for the summer. More details coming soon...

No comments: