6.15.2004

Oregon Trail anyone?
Never thought I would live in Oregon... I never thought a lot of things which have happened to me would. I guess the best things in life are the things you can not plan for. For those wondering about this odd news... here is the deal.

University of Oregon is hiring a new Greek Advisor and they have tried recruiting me for the job. I loved it when I was out there in March but it is just too far from my family and NovalĂ­. So I had to say no. They did not find someone during their search, so they closed the posting and will repost the job. They once again asked me to apply, and I said no. Then out of the blue Shelley Sutherland the director calls me an asks if I want to work for her for the summer. I have no job yet, and it will take three months for them to complete their second search so she thought it would be a good idea.

I just sent out applications for jobs to Albion College and Bradley University. Two places I do want to work, and their searches just started and will take about 8 to 12 weeks. So what does this mean... the Oregon job makes perfect sense. I move to Oregon and make some money (good pay, free apartment, new adventure), get a great professional experience with Shelley (she is a legend in her own time) and don't sit in Michigan waiting for a job offer complaining about being broke and working on my tan while taking apart the Nissan.

Even though I will miss the Nissan (and yes I need a tan)... and the Brothers here... I decided to take it. So Tuesday I fly to Seattle where I will sight-see a little and then drive to Eugene, OR. So my time in Michigan is limited. Tonight... watching the game with the GVSU Betas at the Duplex. Tomorrow BFE! My last Wednesday night with my Brothers at our towny bar. Thursday I will go to Kalamazoo and see the guys and hit up Club Soda for the last time in a while. Then this weekend sometime I roll over to Chicago to spend some time with NovalĂ­ before I go.

So I am busy right now. Cleaning out my desk at GVSU, deciding what I will take with me to Oregon (I got a fully furnished apartment... rent free!), and wrapping up loose ends around here so I can be gone for a while. I don't plan to stay out there more then 2 months. So I will see you all again soon!

No comments: